Merging pull request
What you'll learn
- Using "Ship it!" button to merge PR
Ship it! button
When you have a stack of pull requests, merging them in GitHub can be error-prone and tedious:
- You SHOULD merge from the bottom, but GitHub allows you to do whatever.
- You SHOULD use "Squash and merge," but GitHub allows you to use whatever.
Superlog offers "Ship it" button to prevent you from making those obvious mistakes.
- The button will only show up for base PR
- It will always use squash and merge
- Go to GitHub's Pull Request page and click "Squash and merge."
- Checkout main branch
- git pull
- Checkout previous branch
« 4. Iterating on feedback